Monday, September 6, 2010

Monday Moment #84: a writing prompt for your work-in-progress

(If you’ve already read this then skip past all the italicized blah-di-blah and start writing.) Monday Moments are writing prompts for your work-in-progress. They are questions that come from my experiences and are my favorite way to find out more about my characters. I find I learn a lot. Some of it I use. Some of it I don’t. But I always, always get to know my character(s) better just by answering the question. I hope you do too. )

Happy Labor Day, friends!

*hits forehead*

Why-oh-why couldn't I have blown posting a Monday Moment today instead of last Monday. Then I would have a really valid excuse. But, no! I don't have an excuse. None. Zero. Nada.

Monday Moment #84 should've of come your way last Monday, and the only excuse I can chock it up to is being human.

Dang! I have to be human?

Yeah. I am. Human, that is. I truly just forgot. Sure, I had a lot going on, but still...MM #84 was not in the currents of my brain waves. I believe it was Wednesday morning when I realized, and I truly had to think hard about it to know for sure. Yes, I had forgotten.

Those of you who know me, or who have been following these Moments from #1, know I'm committed to posting each and every Monday. But even the most committed have misses. Right?

Has your main character ever forgotten something important or dear to their heart? (If they have, tell them, I feel their pain.)

3 comments:

C. N. Nevets said...

The poor, battered MC of Ennui and Malaise has forgotten something truly important: the death of a loved one.

MC #1 of Sublimation (nee Real Stakes) forgot a lot of things and hence ended up with a broken marriage. MC #2 has never forgotten anything practical, but has forgotten the true significance of her her obsessions.

C. N. Nevets said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cuppa Jolie said...

Nevets - Whoa! The death of a loved one? As the anniversary came around? Or that phantom feeling that a loved one is still alive (like a brief forgetting)?