Thursday, August 28, 2008

So Much To Learn

I have much to learn from the blogging community!














Yesterday I learned from Stephanie that it's a great idea to trickle something yummy (like James McAvoy) through a post to keep people reading. I'd like to try cupcakes, but the virtual kind won't be as appealing. (Wouldn't that be great if it could really be done? A trail of cupcakes crumbs until you reach the end and voila--a giant, perfect cupcake!)


Today I realized that a blogger should alway, ALWAYS carry a camera.

As I drove down the main drag in Port Townsend, there was a large group gathered on a corner with huge signs that said, FREE HUGS. I almost stopped. I should have stopped. If I had had my camera, I would have stopped.

I could have used a "stranger" hug today! Right?

I'm sure the FREE HUGS were tied to the following story. If you haven't seen it, you should watch...all the way to the end.



Seventeen

If those kids are there again tomorrow, I'll get a picture. Really!

Now I'm certain I need to get down to Portland in September for the 2nd Annual Kidlitosphere Conference. Got to. Got to.

There's just so much to learn.


5 comments:

Cuppa Jolie said...

I must also learn how not to leave HUGE gaps in my posts. Why does it do that when you add pictures??? Grrr!

Laini Taylor said...

Jolie! Adding many pictures of cupcakes would be a very evil thing to do. Very, very evil. It would make certain people want to get in their car and drive to Cupcake Jones or Saint Cupcake!

As for the gap, I don't know why that's there. It shouldn't be. . . (shrug)

Nice about the hugs!

And YES -- come to the conference. I was thinking for friday night before: Cupcake Jones + Powell's + dinner. Yes?

Anonymous said...

I thought the gap was for....


suspense. :)

Yay! I'm glad you're coming to Portland.

Stephanie Perkins said...

What about James McAvoy EATING cupcakes?? If we can get ahold of THOSE pictures, we can rule the world.

The Vault Deb said...

Jolie!!! SO glad that I checked back in here! I have to admit that I cried while watching the Free Hugs video!! What an awesome movement!

Wish I could go to PDX with you. That's where I hale from. Would love to give you some ideas of places to go and maybe you could even meet my daughter - I think she's rad!

Deb - "The Vault" Manager