Monday, February 28, 2011

Monday Moment #109: a writing prompt for your work-in-progress

I want to use this Monday Moment time to remember and honor Lisa Wolfson, also know as L.K. Madigan .

I've started this post several times now. It continues to feel like the words just aren't coming out right. I think my struggle has been knowing exactly what to say. I've tried to say it in several different ways but think what I've been attempting to express is that she will be missed by so many.

I knew Lisa, but didn't know Lisa. I've read her blog. I've corresponded with her online. I've met her at a couple of different conference. She did nothing less than leave an unbelievable impression on me. Part of the sorrow I feel is knowing I won't have the chance to know her better.

Our writing community has lost a beautiful heart.

In lieu of a writing prompt I request, in honor of Lisa, that you write someone a message of love or appreciation. 

If you haven't done so already, you can read a message on Lisa's blog from her husband, and how you can contribute to a fund for her son's college education.

2 comments:

Dr Reddy said...

Great feel

Anonymous said...

Dear Jolie,
Thank you so much for your kind words. I am amazed daily at how many people Lisa touched with her writing, and with her heart. We are all better off having had a chance to know her.
Your friend always,
Neil