Monday, July 26, 2010

Monday Moment #79: a writing prompt for your work-in-progress

(If you’ve already read this then skip past all the italicized blah-di-blah and start writing.) Monday Moments are writing prompts for your work-in-progress. They are questions that come from my experiences and are my favorite way to find out more about my characters. I find I learn a lot. Some of it I use. Some of it I don’t. But I always, always get to know my character(s) better just by answering the question. I hope you do too. )

I am seriously squeaking right in under the Monday wire. What is with today? Is it something with the stars? There is a full moon tonight!

I ALMOST forgot to post a Monday Moment. Almost! I can't blame Blogger or anything else. This piece of forgetful wonderment is all mine.

But maybe I can blame it on the stars, just a bit. Maybe? Saturn is moving into Libra and this hasn't happened since, like, 1982. It's supposed to be a pretty big deal. Big stuff is suppose to start happening. I'm supposed accomplish big things. Be highly organized. Become extraordinarily busy. Busy. Busy.

I think it's already beginning. Bring it, Saturn!

This got me thinking. I've never thought much about horoscopes/astrology related to my characters. I would if it was important, in some way, to a particular character. But, have you ever considered your character's sign? Considered what traits represent that sign and work them into your character? Just for the sake of character building?
I know, personally, my Libran scales fit me well. Why not for a character too?

What's your character's sign? And what does it mean to him/her?

No comments: