Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Continued Thoughts on Yesterday's Monday Moment

Because I promised! Right?

So, if you didn't read yesterday's Monday Moment then do that first.

All right, now I'm feeling that maybe I don't have as much to say as I thought I did yesterday. But, here goes...

As I wrote out that Monday Moment, not only was I thinking about the moment and how it could relate to our characters, but also about dialogue.

That it's-a-small-world experience came from dialogue, as most would. But so much does. Dialogue can take a character anywhere. It can turn a scene on it's heel. It can reveal amazing surprises. It can seep with emotion. And dialogue is typically what readers enjoy reading most!

So, in your revision work today, or in your draft work today, what does dialogue reveal in your story?

3 comments:

BJW said...

Is this a Tuesday moment???

Oh boy. It's like I woke up and a snickers bar was under my pillow.

tasty

Weronika Janczuk said...

Most of my dialogue focuses upon character interactions and reveals secrets about their character, but otherwise I still struggle with making it more meaningful than that.

Thanks for these thoughts!

Cuppa Jolie said...

Ah...thanks, BJ-Dub!

Your welcome, Weronika!