The girlies are back to school on Monday, which means I'm finally back to Office Hours (phew!), but until then, my days are packed. Packed!
My family started off the New Year with getting our hopes and wishes for 2009 down on paper (oh, and by eating steak, garlic mashed potatoes, and blueberry crumble with vanilla ice cream). The whole family partakes, even the girlies. Just nice paper, some crayons and markers, plus our hopes and wishes. Not as cool and fancy as the vision boards produced by a few of the readergirlz divas, but I must say, my 2008 wishes and hopes paper did pretty darn good for me.
But at the end of this day, this the first day of 2009, I can't help notice that the first week of the New Year is looking a bit wild. (I mean, I've even been invited to two parties on Saturday night when I'm not even usually invited to one.) It's making me wish I would have added a few more things to the wish list.
1. I wish I could make the line breaks I make when I'm writing a post look the same as when I actually post. I mean, what's up with that? Is it just me? (Probably!) I put a space, there's no space. I don't put a space, there is one. You just watch...my spacing will be all wackadoo. (Except now, just like kids, Blogger will make a liar at of me and the spacing will be perfect.)
2. I wish my inbox didn't have 2712 messages that need to be filed or deleted.
3. I wish that just once, when the laundry's finally done, the laundry basket wouldn't already be full again.
4. I wish my toenails were always perfectly painted.
5. I wish the house could undecorate itself.
6. I wish my DVR box wasn't broken (or that it could ship faster than the end of next week). Good TV starts again soon.
7. I wish I wasn't perpetually behind on reading. I completely confess to not being up-to-speed. Sometimes it seems I'm still reading 2006 favorites and award winners when I should be reading 2008's. (Speaking of...the Cybils finalists went up today!...Now I'm even more behind.)
Here's to wishes come true in 2009 and a smooth start to your year.