Monday, April 6, 2009

Monday Moment #13

First, let me thank all of you who left comments and who contacted me privately. Your thoughts have been much appreciated at this very difficult time.

...

Now, I'm not really superstitious, but I can't help but think, Wouldn't you know this would be my Monday Moment #13, on a day it feels a little difficult to be back to posting.

We've spent the past several days surrounded by family, and while there has been much sadness, there has also been many, many stories shared. Some touching. Some sad. Some funny. Actually, many funny.

It made me think about the importance of personal stories told to another (or others) for a specific reason. There is always a reason! I've recently been thinking about a whole scene I took out (in a former revision) of the novel I'm currently revising. I need to put it back in! It may need to be tweaked some, but it needs to be there. Because more important than the specifics of the story (although those are important, too), is the reason this "boy" shares it with my main character.

What story does your main character share with another (or vice-versa) and what is the reason for sharing it?

No comments: