Monday, April 27, 2009

Monday Moment #16

The news is good and bad. For this, my 16th Monday Moment, I had many thoughts on topics. This is good! However, many of those topics were such bummers (shutting down, pet peeves big and small, lack of sleep). I know! Completely Debbie Downer mode from someone who always claims to be the Polly Positive type.

But back to the GOOD. Even though the topics were a bit blech, they were topics that came easily. Easily, I tell ya. Let's just say, nothing's come easily this last month. But today I'm look forward to a working day--a writing day. Yip...yip...yow. It feels as if my mind is slowly moving back to that writerly place. It's been way too long. I've missed you, writerly place.
See, the Polly Positive is reemerging. Hello, lost friend. Okay, so she's really been there all along. You can probably tell that. And if you know me personally, you know. That's just me.

How about your main character? Do they tend to lean toward the positive or negative? Glass half full or half empty. And how does it impact how they move through their world?
(Hey, that prompt wasn't even what I initially planned, but I like it. It's all good.)

2 comments:

C. N. Nevets said...

Interesting prompt, because outlook is actually one of the things that really drives my writing. My poor MC's. I torture them so.

If were to abstract a typical pattern for my writing, the MC starts with a positive outlook, starts to become afraid that they are wrong, is pushed by cirumstances into a negative outlook, all the while a force outside them is validating a more positive outlook.

That probably didn't make any sense at all. LOL

Martha Brockenbrough said...

Yay! You're back!