Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Monday Moment #55 (even though it's Tuesday): a writing prompt for your work-in-progress

(If you’ve already read this then skip past all the italicized blah-di-blah and start writing.) Monday Moments are writing prompts for your work-in-progress. They are questions that come from my experiences and are my favorite way to find out more about my characters. I find I learn a lot. Some of it I use. Some of it I don’t. But I always, always get to know my character(s) better just by answering the question. I hope you do too. )

I still feel bad. So, so bad (about missing a Monday Moment). I don't like letting people down, never have. And, after an amazing weekend (and then some), and meeting people who read Cuppa, it's the Monday Moments that always seem to come up. It's very cool to meet those of you out there who start your week with this writing prompt. Makes my heart do a happy dance.

So, of course, I feel horrible to have missed yesterday.

I know that in the scheme of thing, this isn't a huge deal, but obviously, in a way, it is to me. But I guess not big enough for me to get this blog post done last night. *sigh* I was quite aware that my brain power was rolling in at about 1% and I was getting one of those message, like you get when your computer's battery is low, "Warning. Brain power critically low. Go to sleep or there will be fatal errors." So I did.

But I feel bad. Bad, bad, bad.

I was thinking this question would be about guilt, but I guess it's going to be about feeling bad, becasue that's how I feel.

What does your character feel bad about doing or not doing, big or small?

5 comments:

Shannon O'Donnell said...

My MC is being sent to The Naughty Boy Factory for being...well, yes, naughty. He feels bad about being bad (eventually)! Ha ha ha. :-)

kah said...

After a whirlwind of a weekend, you are allowed to take a day or two to recover. Don't feel bad.

My characters feel bad about lots of stuff. I think my extreme emotional sensitivity leaks into their world sometimes.

Dawn Simon said...

You're so sweet. Don't feel bad, Jolie!

It was great seeing you in NYC! What an awesome weekend! I get your brain power comment. I was sooo tired Monday and Tuesday. Now I'm back to normal, though, and feeling energized from the conference. :)

I like your prompt. It could be very telling, giving us insight into our protagonists.

Cuppa Jolie said...

You all are so sweet. Thanks for encouraging me not to feel bad, but I kind-of, sort-of can't help it. *sigh*

But I so appreciate your comments. :) They make me feel better.

Cuppa Jolie said...

Oh! And, the Monday Moment will be up first thing tomorrow morning (even though I don't know what it will be about yet).