Thursday, September 11, 2008

Ferries, Writer's Block, & Cupcakes

Thanks for allowing me the previous panicked post (ooh, way too much alliteration). Why it came out in the way it did, I have no idea. Except that I had very little time and wanted to post before leaving for two days in Seattle. I started typing and it just sort of SPLAT right onto the page like that.

I’m so not a poet
And I know it


That just reminded me of an all-time favorite movie—The Princess Bride. Really, how great is that movie? “Stop rhyming. I mean it. Would anyone like a peanut?” Ahhh, love it!



What haven’t I done these last couple of days!?! Hmmm? What’s that you ask? Have I done any writing…oh, yah! Well, that would be a NO. BUT, that doesn’t mean I haven't been thinking about my revisions, and I did jot down some notes that made me want to clap enthusiastically (I did stop myself, as clapping to one’s self, could look rather strange in a public situation).




It’s no quick trip for me to head into Seattle, but look at my ride.








And check out my view! I can’t complain.




I didn’t go to the city to play, although a great deal of my work feels like play. I happen to wear an important hat for the Western Washington chapter of SCBWI. Fall is our time to kick-off a brand new year, and we did it BIG this year. Our little, intimidate gathering of writers and illustrators turned out to be 230 plus people. Crazy! I loved it. And the many events over the last two days kept me busy, busy, busy…


…BUT that doesn't mean I didn’t get to play, too.
I snuggled with a new baby (the best),

had a little wine (a Syrah called Writer's Block)...

....ate great food, noshed on cupcakes (aren't they pretty?)...




...hung out with great people, had good conversation, and did I mention ate cupcakes plus I drank of bunch of coffee?
Oh, I did.
Well, there’s a reason I mentioned it twice.



NAUGHTY!

I'll have to tell you about these yummy stops in another post.

1 comment:

Laini Taylor said...

Ooh, Jolie, sounds like so much fun! Tiny babies and cupcakes! Vurry nice.