Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Tag...You're It

I had a SUPER day of revisions, even though my seat at The Vault was occupied during my Office Hours. It was funny though, when my spot finally free, two people mentioned my spot had opened up. See! They know...that's my writerly spot. It's all wrong when another body is in it. Hah!

So, what's one to do after a great and hopeful day of revisions? Well actually I did a lot...but once the girlies were in bed, I caught up on favorite blogs and found out...whoa! I've been tagged. I've always been easily caught!

Bring on the questions!

1. What are your nicknames?

I was thinking, I don't really have nicknames, but I guess I've had a few through the years; Squirt, J.D., Jolly (that's what my HS drama teacher called me for six months thinking/pretending it was my name), Maniac (my break dancing name back in the days of parachute pants).

2. What was the first movie you bought in VHS or DVD?
My best guess...clueless. No, not the movie. Me! Maybe it was Grease?...You're the one that I want...ooo..ooo...ooo

I do, however, remember my first cassette tape. It was Pat Benatar. Rockin'!

3. What is your favorite scent?
It's seriously cruel to be asked to pick a favorite, but top of the list is coffee, for sure, coffee. Then there's freshly baked bread (or anything involving dough)...ah, my grandmas pies. Plus the air after a fresh rain in Montana, Daphne Adora, and waffle cones.

4. What one place have you visited that you can't forget and want to go back to?
The whole fam went to Disneyland this past June and I've been dying to go back ever since.

It's just pure fun.

But...I always, always, always want to go back to Yellowstone. It's like being on another planet.

It's full of beauty and oddities.

5. Do you trust easily?

If you're trustworthy.


6. Do you generally think before you act, or act before you think?
The first, for sure, I'm boring like that.

7. Is there anything that has made you unhappy these days?
That so many products like cereal, cracker boxes, and ICE CREAM containers are all shrinking! Don't touch my ice cream, people!

8. Do you have a good body image?
Far better than it was a year ago, but I could still list 133 things I'd like to fix or change. Must be a girl thing.

9. What is your favorite fruit?
I love fruit, all kinds. But I'm particularly fond of pomegranates and I'm just dying for them to be back in season. So, so close.

Ah, cruel to make me think about them again. I want some NOW.

10. What websites do you visit daily?

Whichever ones the day takes me to. Okay, yes, I do visit Facebook daily. Sheesh.

11. What have you been seriously addicted to lately?

Other than coffee? Hmmm, well, more coffee. Oh, yah. And, I have a little thing for sugar and reality tv (but not at the same time).

12. What kind of person do you think the person who tagged you is?

I think she is a dedicated writer, book lover, and British-Boy Horndog.

Listen for it... listen...

Did you hear the squeal? That was Stephanie after seeing the above photo.



13. What's the last song that got stuck in your head?
It has to be one of the ten songs on my Bodypump tracklist, most likely "Paralyzer".


14. What's your favorite item of clothing?
My Christain Louboutin shoes.


Love them! Okay, so I don't own them YET, but someday...someday...I will have those red-soled lovlies.

15. Do you think Rice Krispies are yummy?

As long as they're mixed with butter and extra marshmallow and pressed into a pan. Delish!

17. What would you do if you saw $100 lying on the ground?

Since it wouldn't buy my Christain Louboutin shoes, if I found it today, it would be fun money for my journey to the Kidlit Bloggers Conference in Portland.

18. What items could you not go without during the day?

Coffee, food, and family (but in the opposite order).

19. What should you be doing right now?

Tucking myself in for a decent night's sleep, but I'll probably watch ANTM instead. Sick, I know.

But before I do, I need to tag a few others, just six since I don't feel like following the rule of eight. How 'bout: Jaime, Kim, Laurie, Kjersten, Holly, and Dahti. But only if you are in the mood.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jolly,
Gasp, Mr. McAvoy! I vowed I would be immune to the insanely typical affair of a teenager to celebrity obsession, but you don't find British guys as hot as that!
^_^
I love most of your answers to those questions, I wish I could comment on all of them, but I refuse to make this an annoying freakishley long post.

Stephanie Perkins said...

HA HA HA! Snort snort snort.

My heart actually jumped when I saw Jim. I should be ashamed of myself.

But I'm so NOT :)

Have fun at the conference! I wish I could be there. Maybe next year...