Monday, September 8, 2008

WEEEE!!!! What a Ride this Week Will Be!

Major time crunch
Busy week
Only two days of office hours
This equals PANIC

Panic’s turning into nightmares
About not getting the revision done
By the deadline
Or at all
Ack!

Which is turning into real nightmares
About getting an email from
THE editor
Who wants to see it
The editor
Who read the rough draft
The editor
Who asked to see the revision

I actually dreamt
The editor
Emailed me and said,
“It’s taking too long.
If you don’t get it to me soon,
I’ll forget all about
YOU!”

I know! Horrible nightmare. It was the kind that felt so real that when I woke up, I had to check my inbox. For now, there's no time in the day. I'll attempt updates with the week's many happenings. BUT I will be soooo good during my office hours today (and Thursday...my only two days) because the nightmare has scared me into total focus!

More later!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh dear...you know somethings up when panic turns to nightmares turns to POETRY.
Nice poem, though. ^^
Kai, well good luck with revisions! I'm sure you don't need it, but it's a good thing to say it situations likethis, right?
:)

Anonymous said...

I had a nightmare that you emailed me yesterday asking if you could come over and spend the night in our haunted swampy basement. When I woke up I checked my inbox...NO! It did happen!!

I will try to exorcise said basement. Maybe it won't look so bad if I get a bottle of wine in ya.

See you soon!
xo jaime

Stephanie Perkins said...

Hi Jolie!

When is your deadline?? We pinky swore, and I gotta keep you on track!

I didn't meet my goal, but it was a sketchy one to begin with, so I have a NEW one (now that I know how long it should actually take). October 1st, it must be out the door. You?

You are going to rock this. The editor will NOT forget about you.

(If he/she does, I'll egg their house or key their Volkswagen or something.)

Laini Taylor said...

Hi Jolie! Hope you're not too hectic. That nightmare sounds pretty sucky -- but good incentive to work work work! Hope all's well!

Cuppa Jolie said...

Thanks for soothing me through the nightmare, everyone! I'm feeling good about it all today.

Stephanie...we share the same deadline, so how perfect and appropriate that we pinky swore. The only difference is I'm not sure I see myself sending it out on Oct. 1, but soon after...
I'll be happy to travel these September Days of Revision with you!