I shouldn't have opened my big mouth. The last time I was tagged, I let it be known that I've never been fast. I've never been good at tag...ever! I always get caught. (This is bringing back bad childhood memories.) Caught again, but I have to admit, this one's sort of fun. A different meme than the usual.
Holly caught me on this one, and because she did, I have to reveal my writerly quirks. Hmmm? Should I be insulted that she thinks I'm "quirky"? But that' s not it, she asks for them to be unspectacular . Well, I think if one is to have quirks, they should be spectacular. No? Okay, so mine aren't...I'll just spill.
First, the rules:
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. List 6 unspectacular quirks you have.
4. Tag 6 bloggers by linking them.
5. Leave a comment on each person’s blog to let them know they’ve been tagged.
Onto the writerly quirks, unspectacular style:
Six of them! Really? I must have them. Let's see...
1. I CAN'T write at home. Okay, I'm exaggerating, but it's really hard for me. The laundry talks to me. So does the TV and lots of other things. Should I be worried?
2. I love white noise, especially the banging and whirring of the latte machine. Ahh! A quiet room just doesn't work for my process.
3. I have a playlist for the novel I'm working on. I don't always listen to it when I write, but for certain situation or scenes, it helps take me there...wherever there is.
4. I don't talk to my family about what I'm writing. At all! They know I'm working, sort of where I'm at in the process, if it was a good writing day or bad. But, they don't know what the book's about, names of characters, or even the title (usually).
5. I sometimes use writing as an excuse to watch reality television (and most of the time I think it's a good excuse). Really, it's great for studying characterization and dialogue (and that's just scratching the surface).
6. If my toenails aren't painted with Purple with a Purpose (a lovely, deep purple) then I don't feel like I can fully concentrate on my novel. All right, that's a bit of a fib, but maybe not. They've been painted with Purple with a Purpose since April. Maybe I should think about a color change (but I like purple). I wonder what would happen?
Time to tag...chasing...chasing...chasing...I gently tag: Steph, Laini, Dahti, Jaime, and I double tag Kim and Laurie. I tag you all with a writerly hug (because I've never been aggressive in the way tag requires) and say, play if you wish!