Sunday, November 2, 2008

I've Come Full Circle and Starting Again

Time for a revison update...
Yaaaaa-hooooooo! (back flip, back flip, toe touch, high kick) I finished. I did it! I'm done.

What was my sad, little NaNo novel rough draft has now gone through its first major revision. Phew! And now it's like it grew up and is a a real book; one that has a beginning, middle, and end. How 'bout that?

So, as I move into November and a fresh new NaNo season, I thought it was the perfect time to call out my total nerdiness. This morning I was trying to figure out what to title the folder that will hold this new novel. And since this is a fresh project, I don't have a title...yet. Sure, I could make up a working title, but I haven't. Last year I had a NaNoWriMo folder, but as soon as I realized I HAD to get the draft finished, I renamed the folder Will Get this Novel Done WELL. No kidding. I guess it was my way of giving myself some sort of postive message each time I opened it up to work. Then there's my folders within the that folder...once I got to the revision, I titled it, Revision 2_Will Rock It! Can't believe I'm admitting that to the world, but it's true.

Now two days into this NaNo season, I've yet to get started. Can I blame it on folder-title writer's block because I have yet to figure it out? When I come up with something, I'll let you know.
Until then, if your NaNo-ing, feel free to add me to your buddy list. I'm lattewriter.

2 comments:

Stephanie Perkins said...

First . . . CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

WOOO HOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! I'm throwing party streamers! That is such a huge, wonderful accomplishment. I am so proud of you!

And YES. I name my folders and documents embarassing things like that too! Last year's NaNo draft was known as "Really Awesome Novel" for several months, and this time, I've saved the new file as "Totally Brilliant Novel." (Snort. My prose begs to differ.)

Glad I'm not the only one who does this :)

It's been slow going for me so far. Painful. I reread last year's NaNo draft to remind myself how awful it starts out (and it was SO. MUCH. WORSE. than I even remembered!), but it didn't give me the boost I hoped it would. Sigh. I just need to push through this. I think that once I get further into it, I'll be able to let go a bit.

How's it going for you? GOOD LUCK!

Cuppa Jolie said...

Thanks, Steph! For the congrats and making me feel not so nerdy for naming my folders the way I do(or maybe we can just be nerdy together).

NaNo is going so, so slow. I'm also have a couple ideas compete for my attention. Or more like, a new idea that keeps bugging me while I'm trying to get a start on the book I planned to work on for NaNo. What gives?