Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Real Life: Movie Night, Bird Rescue, Combat, and Blue Pills

What do all these things have in common?

They are part of my Real Life.

Let's start backwards! With a rant. To the people sending me emails for little blue pills...you are not who I want to hear from first thing in the morning while I'm sipping my coffee.

But before I happily slurped up my coffee this morning (and growled at the blue-pill email), I saved a little bird. I did. After keeping it warm while it recovered (probably from hitting a window) it flew off into the trees.

I started my day (after the coffee) with a session of BodyCombat even though I taught Bodypump tonight. It was needed...after I consumed all that movie popcorn last night (more on that soon), it was necessary. And it felt good. Especially when I got to pretend to punch someone on the ground (someone who stole my purse). Now, I'm not a violent or aggressive person, but that felt mighty good.

So, last night it was time to see Star Trek. Getting to a movie is rare, but it just so happened that my kids were on an overnight field trip and, well, we needed to take advantage. AND STAR TREK WAS AWESOME! I loved it from the opening scene.

Plus, we watched it in the one the coolest movie theaters around--The Rose! If you are EVER in Port Townsend you should experience a movie in this quaint and unique venue. Check out the website (and then visit) and you'll see what I mean, but to tell you a little something-something, each feature is personally introduced by an employee. Plus, it seriously has the BEST theater popcorn. EVER!

All right, I may not have gotten photos of any of these things, but they definitely fall under my Real Life umbrella.

But a brief writerly life topic...It's Children's Book Week! Not only that but The Ambassador, that's right...The Ambassador is coming to town. Jon Scieszka, National Ambassador for Young People's Literature is on his way to Western Washington to celebrate. Plus he'll be keynoting at the Western Washington SCBWI conference (hope to see you there).

No comments: