Friday, September 18, 2009

Working = Eating

This was my first full week back to work, back to office hours (away from home). Whew!

I'm still settling into it and figuring out my schedule, especially since the girlies' school hours are different. They start and end a whole hour earlier. You can't believe how much that changes things. I mean, I have to pick them up at 2:20...that's so early.

But I'm working and THAT is nice, friends. Very nice.
However, being away from home, means eating away from home. Although, I attempt to be careful about this because it can add up fast.

But getting back into town to work has meant finding three new fab places! Yes THREE. And I hit ALL of them today.

I started (for the major portion of my working day) at the Undertown: a new coffee and wine bar in town.
Check it!
This is how it looks at street level.




Then it's down to the depths.


Come on in. It's cozy in there. Promise!


Look how cool it is down here.




And, the opposite side is exposed to the outside, so you don't feel completely like you are in a dungeon.

It's also huge, so there's many places to plunk down and not feeling bad about taking up space.





Today was Bagel Friday. I guess there is a fella in town who uses one of the cafe kitchens in town and makes Everything Bagels on Friday. Might I say, the Everything Bagel by Bob is now my friend, a friend I plan to meet at the Undertown each Friday. Let me introduce you...

Tasty!

Then it was off to Bub's Tacos for lunch. I can't believe I didn't get a photo of my chicken taco and the cool "red wagon." Here's the photo I grabbed from their website.

That red wagon turns out some tastey morsels.

Now, I have always, always said, if there was a cupcake place in town I'd be in trouble.

Well, guess what? Trouble came to town in the form of Perfecting Endings Cupcakes.

But there's good news x 2. No, x 3.

1. I can't sit in there and work. I think you can guess why this is a good thing.

2. The cupcakes are delish.

3. They have baby cupcakes for a buck. So, if I get a hankering, but don't want to be too naughty, a taste will do. Or so I think.


I had a whole big lemon one today. And I enjoyed every bite.

Now, who's coming to visit me?

There's a whole lotta YUM to be found.

6 comments:

Tara McClendon said...

Undertown looks fascinating. I'm not so sure that I would've braved that first hallway by myself.

storyqueen said...

Drooling with envy!! Baby cupcakes for a buck=genius!

Shelley

Kirby Larson said...

As my grandmother would say: a person needs a little something to keep the strength up.

I'm not sure she was thinking of baby cupcakes however! ;-)

Belle said...

What an interesting place Undertown is. That first corridor is really very different - I'm not sure I would have found my way to the delights inside without a guide!

Dawn Simon said...

I want to go to all three spots, especially the Undertown!

Regarding baby cupcakes...instead of thinking I could get one for a buck, I'd be thinking I could get three for three bucks. I mean, we're talking cupcakes!

Cuppa Jolie said...

It's (getting into the Undertown) really not all that scary, quite cool actually. And the cupcakes are THAT good (and I've only had one flavor...seems I'll need to try them all.)

Dawn - It sounds as if you might have a cupcake weakness (like someone else I know). You know, you don't live all that far from here...you should take a writing outing to PT someday. :)