Monday, August 24, 2009

Monday Moment #33

Yes, I made it through my nearly 50 pounds of laundry (that was my children's alone). Thanks for your concern and not making me feel bad for taking so long to get it done.

And just when you're sick and tired of hearing about my need to clean, you're going to get it again. This time toilets and tub. Joy of joys! Does that make anyone excited? Does any person in this world enjoy these bathroom chores?
For sure, NOT ME!

But that's what I've been doing, like the deep-super-cleaning type of clean as I prepare for a house full of guests this week.

What's this have to do with a Monday Moment, you ask? Well, I have extreme dislike for these tasks, but they had to be done. On top of that, my cleaning gloves, one in particular, sprung a leak. Of course, it was on the thumb of the right glove...the working hand. Irritation on top of an already irritating task.

If we're doing something right while we write, we chase our characters up a tree and throw some rocks, right?

So, where do you do this in your story? And what do you do to tweak it that much more? What's your hole-in-the-glove moment?

5 comments:

Kirby Larson said...

I don't have a hole-in-the-glove moment so now I must go make one!

Thanks for another brilliant prompt!

Martha Brockenbrough said...

I think I'm going to just throw laundry at my characters. :-)

Sherrie Petersen said...

They could fall in the toilet and be flushed away...oh wait, I think someone already did that...

Unknown said...

I refold it and wear it again. Febreze helps.

Lee Wind, M.Ed. said...

You know, I realized that while I was making life difficult for my characters on the EXTERNAL arc/plot, I wasn't being so tough on the INTERNAL and EMOTIONAL arc/plot. I'm being meaner now (I believe I cut off the fingers of the glove, actually), and the book's much better for it!
Nice post, Jolie!
Namaste and a Hug,
Lee