Thursday, March 25, 2010

Crack Your W-I-P: Let's Blow It Up!!!

The word count, that is!

It hit me suddenly this morning. I realized how truly little time I have left this month. Tomorrow starts conference week for my girlies, which means they are out of school at 11:00 (ridiculously early!). That carries all through next week. The following week (I know it's April) is spring break. We all know how much gets done over spring break.

So, today's the day to BLOW IT UP. I seriously want to see that little shamrock make a big shift down the shaft of that pencil! Seriously! (Can you tell I'm serious about that?)

I'll be here all day, working and hoping you jump into talk to me in comments so I can come up for air and procrastinate by commenting back. :)

Oh, and stay on me. Make sure I'm blowing it up!

13 comments:

Bish Denham said...

I gather you've had lots of coffee which will make your fingers fly!

Cuppa Jolie said...

Bish - HA! The sad truth is, I've got a great jump on the coffee drinking but yet to get a word written (other than on important email catch up).

So now, after I go order my coffee, I shall start to blow it up. :)

Yat-Yee said...

Go, Jolie, go!

Hardygirl said...

Nothing like a time crunch to kick you in the a$$!!

Gogogogogogo!!!

sf

Cuppa Jolie said...

Thanks, ladies. I truly need to kick it into gear.

Hubby sent me a nice text this morning..."Write the crap out of those words."

Talks-too-much guy is in the house (as in coffee house)...not helping me at all!

I'm only about 400 words in, I'm expecting to get 250 more in the next 20 minutes, then some lunch. :)

Here I go!!!

Molly Hall said...

Go, Jolie, Go! Blow it up, girl! I am not blazing through the words with you today, but I am with you in spirit! Keep it up! Spring break came early at our house with two sick kids, which also means very little writing time. I may not be writing with you today, but I WILL join you in the caffeine consumption. ; )

Cuppa Jolie said...

Molly - Hope your kiddos are feeling better soon. And thanks for the encouragement.

I'm at 1250. I'm going in for my coffee and a cookie. Yep, this calls for a cookie. Or pie. Which one? Hmmmm

Yat-Yee said...

Cookie now, pie 500 words later. :)

Cuppa Jolie said...

Yat-Yee - I like how you think. One cookie down. Would I dare have pie, too? They are small. And I am teaching pump later. *thinking about it*

Just hit 1500.

Laura said...

Wow, I'm impressed. You are kickin' it today!

I have made no progress today, but that's because I had to go shopping. Some days are hard. =)

Go, Jolie, Go!!

Cuppa Jolie said...

Thanks, Laura!

I don't know if I blew it up today, but I did hit 2200 (2202 to be exact).

Now I must go grocery shopping for my the eight-year-old girlie bday sleepover tomorrow night. (wish me luck, not for the shopping, but the sleepover)

Myrna Foster said...

2202 is fantastic! Maybe you can round it off to a nice 3K later on? You'll hit your goal, if all your days are like today. ;)

Shelli (srjohannes) said...

i have 2 weeks of spring break b/c kids are in different schools - sigh. today is my last day until april 10Th!