Thursday, March 4, 2010

Crack Your W-I-P! (More Motivation Needed?)

The more outside accountability the better, right?

Funny enough, I didn't know that friend, Laini Taylor, had just declared March a mini-NaNo. That pink-haired lovely is set to finish the rough of her W-I-P by the end of the month. She has a Mr. Linky set up if you want to join and check in on Wednesdays HERE.

But don't forget to leave a goal for the month of March HERE, especially since Jane offered up red licorice whips for those who meet their goal! All the motivation the better.

I plan to post Monday through Friday (mostly) as a gathering spot for daily support. I don't know about you, but I dearly appreciate the daily writerly company. A heart-felt thank you to those of you who join me. :)

How 'bout today? Anyone with me?

7 comments:

Kim Baker said...

I am POSITIVE that I can finish this draft in March. I have one more scene to scratch out, so I think I can finish today. Whoop! It's about time.

THEN I will print it out for my lovely and beautiful critique group to have on Monday. While I wait on their candid and brilliant feedback, I'll start something new.

Jackee said...

We can do it (together)! Thanks for hosting this, Jolie. Laini sent me over and I'm all for it.

Cheers!

Yat-Yee said...

I was most productive last Friday when I joined you here. This level of motivation/accountability is just right for me.

Martha Brockenbrough said...

I finished my syn-OP-sis. I finished my syn-OP-sis.

And now I get to start the actual writing! Whee! Fun!

Cuppa Jolie said...

Yes you can, Kim! Can't wait for the book and the Mooning. :)

Jackee - Yes! Together. Does it make it so much better that way. Glad you came by from Laini's (love her!). Let's have some fun this month, shall we?

Yat-Yee - So, so glad to hear that! I look forward to seeing you lots. :)

Martha - Yay, you! And I'm so honored that you stop here on such a big day in your life. xo

Michèle Griskey said...

Hi Everyone,
I'm working on a middle grade novel I started ten years ago! I started and stopped more than once. I opened it up again last month and promised myself this time I will finish. I'm writing AND deleting, but it will get done. :)
Thank you for the encouragement.

Yat-Yee said...

Natives are home. Only 517 words because I spent a couple of hours with the daughter who broke her glasses and couldn't find her spare, and then proceeded to choose a pair of Calvin Klein frame that costs an arm and a leg.

Also, I was so deep in writing that I forgot I was cooking! Overcooked chicken, anyone? The fam is going to revolt.

I knew my multi-tasking skills suck, but even so...