Monday, March 29, 2010

Monday Moment #63: a writing prompt for your work-in-progress

(If you’ve already read this then skip past all the italicized blah-di-blah and start writing.) Monday Moments are writing prompts for your work-in-progress. They are questions that come from my experiences and are my favorite way to find out more about my characters. I find I learn a lot. Some of it I use. Some of it I don’t. But I always, always get to know my character(s) better just by answering the question. I hope you do too. )

Can you have too much of a good thing?

My weekend proved the answer is a big fat YES!

This weekend was made up of four birthday celebrations. FOUR!!!!

Too much cake = stomachache

Too many little girls = very, very loud

Too much wine = first fun, then blah

Too loud music = ringing ears and sore throat

Too much birthday partying = too too tired

Too tired to type too many complete sentences

What does your character consider a good thing and can they or have they over-indulged, making it not such a good thing?

3 comments:

Jane Makuch said...

Well, I kinda feel like a slug today but compared to your weekend I don't have a good enough reason to.

I only have three scenes left to write in my MG I've been working on. This past weekend I went through the whole thing and made some great edits. I'm feeling wonderful about my progress and hope to have it finished by friday so my husband can read this weekend. Weeee!

Myrna Foster said...

I'm so excited to be close to finishing my draft. My husband might say I'm spending too much time with it (too much of a good thing), but there's a certain energy that comes with knowing I'll finish soon. Thanks for a great month of writing/revising!

Martha Brockenbrough said...

I can't believe the month is almost over. Crossed the 26,000-word line this morning. Yay!