Monday, March 8, 2010

Crack Your W-I-P! Movin' on Monday

Okay, if you're playing along, and you find yourself having a block, there's no excuse while at Cuppa. Any time you feel stuck, take a peek at a Monday Moment (today's, or one of the past...there are 60 now...whoa!). Let yourself free write (that'll rack up some words, yes?) and who know what might come up for you and your story!

So, I'm not off to the most lickity-split start. I'm taking it one word at a time. My goal will be smaller today, as to make it actually accomplishable. I'm shooting for 500 words before I hop in the car and then on a ferry to head into to see my fab city crit group (they are worth that 4-plus-hour round trip).

I'm also going to start playing with this little ticker counter, just because it makes me feel like I'm moving along.




Feel free to post your goals in the comments and pop in any time!!!

3 comments:

Martha Brockenbrough said...

I love the pencil thingy! And I need to get crackin', myself. See you soon!

Jane Makuch said...

Love the ticker! Isn't it silly how something like that actually will motivate us? I hope your writer's group was fun. I imagine you can get lots of ideas on a ferry.

MG Higgins said...

Four hours! You are a dedicated crit-group member. (I love the clover marker on your pencil.)